Monday, October 1, 2007

Welcome to Dr. Jim's Blog

As you probably know, I have been attending neighborhood meetings for friends and members of McEachern. I am trying to meet folks, and trying to find out what we do well, and what we need to be working on. One of the constant needs of an organization our size is communication.

We have so many groups, so many ministries, and so much activity, that no one person can "know it all". We have our website, our monthly newsletter, the weekly Senior Pastor letter, and our worship bulletins; but we can do better. This blog is my way of adding (hopefully!) to the solution.

Here I will post late breaking news, great thoughts (ok, mediocre thoughts) and various ramblings. Feel free to tell me what you would like to see on this blog, or announcements or issues you would like to see addressed.

We live in exciting technological times. My prayers is that this blog will help us be more successful in sharing the good news of Jesus Christ, and of making disciples.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Thanks!
VGL

Scoot said...

This is a great idea and perfect for folks like me who are online often. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Dr. Jim,
The weather is so nice. Could we get a group to ride the Silver Comet Trail on the weekends. I love to ride but hate to ride alone.