Monday, October 29, 2007

Neighborhood Meetings

Over the past two months I have attended 23 neighborhood meetings in our congregation. The experience has enabled me to have some intimate time with 450-500 members and friends of our congregation. It has also helped me learn more about our congregation's strengths, growing edges, and passions. I'll be sharing this with our leadership and using the information gained in the future as we seek to discern God's preferred future for McEachern.

I learned that you are most proud of:

  • Our Missions Ministry
  • Our Recreation Ministry
  • Our Children's Ministry

I learned we need to work on:

  • Communication
  • Youth Ministry
  • Stewardship
  • Moving from being a welcoming church to an inviting church

A special word of thanks go out to all the folks who opened their homes and prepared snacks, or even full meals, for anywhere from 10-40 people. And thanks to all those who took time from their schedules to attend one of the meetings.

I have loved almost every moment of the Thursday nights and Sunday afternoons and evenings that I have spent with you; but to be perfectly honest, I'm looking forward to having a little free time now that they're over!

No comments: