Wednesday, January 9, 2008

What's On My Ipod





Tonight at our Wednesday Night Supper I was talking about running with my Ipod shuffle. One of our members said, "That'd be a good thing for your blog, 'What's on My Ipod'".

Now, what you need to know is that I am entirely obsessive-compulsive. I recieved a $50 gift card for ITunes last year for Christmas while I was in Iraq. So, an entire year ago I decided that when I returned to the US I would use the card, over a period of time, to catch up on what was "hot" in the music world in America. So the following list represents my attempt to remain relevant to the youth of our community. I use the shuffle while running, which was a big "no-no" in Iraq, but I did it anyway!

What's on my ipod (at least right now)

Bubbly - Colbie Caillat

It's Not over - Daughtry

Home - Daughtry

Over You - Daughtry

Big Girls Don't Cry - Fergie

Paralyzer - Finger Eleven

How to Save a Life - The Fray

The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stephani

Waiting for the World to Change - John Mayer

Pictures of You - The Last Goodnight

First Time - Lifehouse

Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5

Wake Up Call - Maroon 5

How Far We've Come - Matchbox Twenty

Say It Right - NellyFurtado

If Everyone Cared - Nickleback

Who Knew - Pink

Little Wonders - Rob Thomas

Into the Night - Santana

Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol

Apologize - Timbaland

There's no telling what will be on my ipod in the next few weeks. The terrible thing is that I didn't get the Ipod nano for Christmas that I wanted. I would have settled for the 4 Gig, no need for the 8 gig (like my daughter got!). But I'm not hurt. . .much.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I guess I'm not with it at all. I have something like 1200 songs on my IPOD and I can honestly say none of these are included. I've never even heard of most of them. You are so "in"!!!

Floridora said...

May I suggest "1234" by Feist

Anonymous said...

What no Toby Mac? Mercy Me? Nicol Sponberg? Third Day? Steven Curtis Chapman? Castin Crowns? Natalie Grant? You need to check into 104.7Fish! or J93.3! We've gotta get you plugged in! It'll make ya run faster and jump higher! Guess they didn't make the Iraq's Billboard Top 100?

As soon as I figure out how to operate my ipod-y-thing I'll be zipping past you! Till then you'll just have to hear the bass rocking out as I pull into the church parking lot!

-Leslie Bell

Tracey said...

Kary and I had to laugh at your list of songs. As a minivan-driving mother of three, I do my best to stay "hip" despite being bombarded with hits from Barney and the Bible Songs for Children CD. To that end, my iPod Nano is loaded with just about the same list. Great minds think alike! Of course, I had to have my Bon Jovi and Def Leppard, too...can't quite let go of the late 80s... Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I have ALMOST EVERY ONE of those same songs on my mp3 player -- I don't use an ipod! Cool!! Can't go wrong with John Mayer!! And my ringback song is Paralyzer. That is so cool. :-)
-Bridget Doss

Anonymous said...

No 'Fallout Boy'?

I hate to say it, but 90% of the 'Christian rock' on FM radio is extremely lame. There ARE some good Christian bands like Petra, Whitecross, Stryper, and Disciple, but you won't hear them on Atlanta radio.

Anonymous said...

Can we have a summertime update of your i-pod songs? I noticed you are a Maroon 5 fan. "Won't go Home Without You" is great.