Monday, March 17, 2008

Cadet Ball

It has been many years since I attended a high school dance, but on February 29th, I did. My son is a cadet in a NJROTC program, and they asked me to be the keynote speaker. I'm not sure if their first choice backed out, or if they just couldn't find anyone else to do it, so I agreed.

I have been speaking to a good number of community groups lately, including Civitans and Rotary. I'm scheduled for Lion's Club and a few other groups in the near future. I always jump at the chance to get McEachern's name out to the public. Anytime our leaders or staff are associated with worthwhile community events is a plus for our congregation as far as I am concerned.

So, it was time to dust off the dress blues and speak to a group of high schoolers who had no interest in hearing me speak! They are a great group of value driven young men and women, and I was proud to talk with them, and even dance a little bit.






4 comments:

Rachel Peters said...

You guys look great! Pam's dress is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Hey, you guys clean-up pretty good! Thanks for representing MMUMC throughout the community.

Dorothy said...

You have a great blog! I enjoy reading it. My husband is a retired United Methodist Minister so I can relate to what you have to say. I have been experimenting with a blog and find that it's fun and somewhat theraputic. By the way, dancing is good for the soul!

Anonymous said...

Wow! You and Pam make a stricking couple! You both looked fablous!!! Gosh, who knew...hohoho

Emily